- Do you think the subjects would have acted differently if they did not know it was an experiment? How so?
- What do you think the justification was in the subjects’ minds for continuing the shock when the victim began to react negatively?
- What are some other contemporary examples of the application of this experiment?
- What do you think is the main takeaway from Milgram’s results?
- Do you think the authoritative figures would have as much of an influence today? Or would the subjects sense of morality influence their decision more so?
- Did the results surprise you? What would you expect from the experiment?
- Why do you think the experiment is considered unethical?